Brag Book!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Soon I will leave my full time rotation at Tyson.. It has been the best healing place for me as a mother.  Knowing that I can celebrate life instead of being angry about it is indeed a good thing.  Most people I believe know this in the back of their mind ; however they may need to be reminded of it.  Our family has been through a lot in the past 7 years.  Like most families - we cope with this and that.  Makes us grow kinda thing.  I have been pretty good about embracing life changes with our daughter who has been diagnosed with Muscular dystrophy 3 years ago.  I'm surprised as emotionally I melt when it gets tough on my family members.  I drew strength from many things over the past 3 years.  I am thankful for work being my healing place.  The parents of one of my clients made note of the process of celebrating life to me and it has stuck.  It isn't always easy for me but for the most part I am doing it.  

I am so thankful for such amazing children. For being willing to give up their time with me to go to work and heal.   For my daughter B who is just incredible at everything she touches.  So loving and nurturing.  She is so much like her father. - really I need to do a paragraph on each of my children to make memory of this time in their life.  For now I will choose a few sentences to describe each of them.  My son Mitchel is cool .  Moments of tenderness I see in him.  Tired all the time- but he is a teen...  My son Riley is a goofball.. like his mother... helpful, tender towards his sister,  a great organizer and witty,
My daughter Nicole is quieter like her Dad,  soft and soft spoken, wise beyond her years and a trooper with all that she has to cope with.


In the moments I have struggled it has helped to know who I am.. and realize that.... "That Which We Are, We Are"  I'm not gonna worry about tomorrow every day.  I will sometimes cause at the end of the day I'm only human.. I have good thoughts and bad ones.   I have moments of sharing incredible things with family and friends... I am who I am. 

No comments: