Brag Book!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Deb Buchner - One of my best friends wrote this :)

Pondering The Development of Roots
Deb Buchner --- Spring 2007

Spring has sprung in my yard and it’s so lovely after the lack of sun all winter. As transplants to The Lower Mainland it’s the darkness of winter that I find hard.

Yesterday I was pulling sunflower sprouts from the rocky path of my garden area, and noted that they were very well rooted. These sunflowers were originally grown from seeds from my first homeschooling friend here in Chilliwack – Alanna. They have been growing in my yard for a few years now, and are a nice mix of mine and Alanna’s friendship.

When Alanna and I first formed our friendship I was still focused on leaving The Lower Mainland, and Alanna would look sad when I talked about leaving. She would kindly talk to me about developing roots where God planted me.

Yesterday I realized I have rooted right where God planted me. My roots are intertwined with the bonds and connections I have made here. Alanna shared a part of herself with me in assisting me in rooting to my community.

This summer when I look at the tall sunflowers growing in my garden I will be reminded of how deeply rooted I am to where God Planted me AND the role that my friends in my new community had in this quiet process I didn’t realize was happening. THANKS!!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

what a poignant picture of a true friend... you are beautiful Alanna.